11.4.11

Nii palju on öelda! 6



A long spindly figure with a pale complexion and melancholy blue eyes, running his right hand through his tousled hair to tame it, Robert Pattinson seems caught up in some silent reverie that we pull him out of with our questions.

But at age 25, the vampire dandy is trying to stretch his wings. 


An encounter with an enigmatic icon, an old-school yet very “now” young man, a rebel and a conformist, a handsome aristocratic punk for budding* young girls. (*TN: word play on Proust’s novel).

Edward is always making distinctions between good and evil. My characters are Manichaean, in a way. That's why I try to give them inner depth.

Oh no! I'm not a Don Juan at all. All these fans taking pictures of me, these blogs, this buzz... I don’t get it, but it’s actually pretty cool. Honestly, I have no sex appeal. All you have to do is walk around Los Angeles, London or Paris, and you’ll find tons of guys like me. I’m no James Dean.

As for actresses, I love Isabelle Huppert and actresses from the golden age of Hollywood, like the smoldering Ava Gardner, and Katharine Hepburn, so classy and rough and funny. Kristen Stewart, whose acting I really admire, has bit of Hepburn in her.

Audrey or Katharine?

- No, Katharine. I'm not an Audrey fan. I know girls of my generation like her, but I find her a bit too girly.

What kind of women are you drawn to?

- I don’t dislike brainy girls. For a girl to attract me, she has to be pretty determined, has to have a good idea of what life’s about, and be a big reader. But I can’t say I prefer blondes, brunettes or redheads. I like emotional, elegant women - elegant in the sense she knows what suits her and what doesn’t. Designer clothes don’t guarantee you look good, just because they’re expensive. I think you have to just be yourself. That said, I love the Chanel look, even on really young girls!

What about you, are you a fashion victim?


- You see this gray jacket I’m wearing today? Well, I found it in an old suitcase at my house. I had it when I was 15. It’s an Agnes B., vintage 90’s, and it still fits. Otherwise, I'm a fan of Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler for girls and boys, and I buy lots of Dries Van Noten pants. Fashion is very important, including in movies. I’m thinking for instance of Jean Paul Gaultier’s work in The Fifth Element, which gave the film its signature look.

Do you wear any fragrance?

- My own, my body odour. (Laughter.)

16 comments:

  1. spindly? alles oli uudis et natalja pea oli saara keha otsa monteeritud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "trying to stretch his wigs" lugesin ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. prust, ofcourse, whoelse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. vaata see on nii pikk postitus et mina oma tähelepanuhäirega pean seda jupikaupa lugema ja kommenteerima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raimo11.4.11

    vahel kui nalja tahan teha siis kirjutan valenime alt ka ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. tegelikult ma peakski minema arsti juurde laskma uued tabletid välja kirjutada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raimo11.4.11

    hiljem lähed, loe nüüd edasi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manichaean oleks just sõna mida antud kontekstis paslik kasutada. Manichaean ja võibolla ka situflee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ma olen pattissoni hingesugulane sest ka minul puudub sex appeal :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I don’t dislike brainy girls"
    sellest saab minu uus pick-up line.
    usun et saak saab olema uhke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Proenza Schouler for little girls and boys. kellele ei meeldiks?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ise olen ma uhkusega marati-trussiku-mees

    ReplyDelete
  13. ja siis tahaks ma veel küsida et can I touch your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raivo11.4.11

    kuule jää õige vait, ah?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah, krt, toredad poisid olete!

    ReplyDelete